YUM! Edward whipped up these great Monte Cristos tonight! Truth is, I’ve never had a monte cristo so I don’t really have anything to compare. Nevertheless, dinner was great. The ham was leftover from the Christmas holiday… always the mark of a great meal.
- Swiss cheese
- Crusty Italian bread from bakery department of grocery store
- Powered sugar
- Heat up ham in a skillet really quickly
- Make a Swiss cheese and ham sandwich using the bread
- Make pancake batter using Bisquick/eggs/milk/powered sugar as written in my favorite cookbook Betty Crocker Ultimate Bisquick Cookbook
- Dip sandwich in batter
- Cook in skillet until cheese is melted, flipping as needed.